Fourth Quarter Key Metrics and Highlights
– Total revenue was $3.3 billion with organic revenue growth of 6%
– Operating margin increased 320 basis points to 19.2%, and operating margin, adjusted for certain items, increased 180 basis points to 23.0%
– EPS increased 37% to $1.56, and EPS, adjusted for certain items, increased 23% to $1.89
– Repurchased 5.4 million Class A Ordinary Shares for approximately $500 million
– On November 17, 2014, the Company announced the authorization of a new $5 billion share repurchase program in addition to the existing program previously authorized in April 2012
Full Year Key Metrics and Highlights
– Total revenue was $12.0 billion with organic revenue growth of 3%
– Operating margin increased 220 basis points to 16.3%, and operating margin, adjusted for certain items, increased 50 basis points to 19.5%
– EPS increased 32% to $4.66, and EPS, adjusted for certain items, increased 17% to $5.71
Net income attributable to Aon shareholders was $459 million, or $1.56 per share, compared to $355 million, or $1.14 per share, for the prior year quarter. Net income per share attributable to Aon shareholders, adjusted for certain items, increased 23% to $1.89, compared to $1.54 in the prior year quarter, including a $0.06 per share unfavorable impact on adjusted net income from continuing operations if the Company were to translate prior year quarter results at current quarter foreign exchange rates (“foreign currency translation”).
HR Solutions total revenue increased 8% to $1.3 billion compared to the prior year quarter driven by 10% organic growth in commissions and fees, partially offset by a 1% decrease in commissions and fees related to acquisitions, net of divestitures and a 1% unfavorable impact from foreign currency translation.
Organic revenue in Consulting Services increased 4% due primarily to solid growth in US retirement for investment consulting and businesses across Asia, partially offset by a modest decline in continental Europe. Organic revenue in Outsourcing increased 15% compared to the prior year quarter due primarily to strong growth in health care exchanges and new client wins in HR Business Process Outsourcing.
Read the full press release here