CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, is announcing its ambitious strategy to bring cloud information protection to the Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud. The HCM market continues to grow rapidly with Gartner predicting it to reach $8.3 Billion in 2014.
The increasing size of the HCM market is being driven by enterprises adopting the cloud to obtain lower total cost of ownership, enable more effective talent management, and benefit from advanced and easier to use HCM applications.
As HCM moves to the cloud, along with it comes employee data records including; names, social security numbers, addresses, dependents, healthcare information belonging to millions of employees. This data is highly sensitive. This is coupled with intensifying compliance regulations – 20,000 new pieces of legislation worldwide annually e.g. Affordable Care Act, American Taxpayer Relief Act, HIPAA, Australia Privacy Act, UK ICO Guidance, and US state privacy laws are leaving HR teams less time to implement regulations.
Against this industry backdrop, CipherCloud is offering a simple approach to protecting sensitive employee data in popular HCM based cloud applications such as SuccessFactors, Workday, and Oracle Taleo etc. while managing compliance with privacy regulations through its CipherCloud for Any App offering. CipherCloud makes it easy to protect employee data and meet compliance needs with standards-based encryption that only the enterprise can unlock – because no one else can access the encryption keys. And CipherCloud does this while preserving HCM cloud applications – business-critical functions like searching, sorting, and reporting while keeping the data encrypted.
CipherCloud also provides additional ways to protect data including tokenization, cloud data loss prevention, cloud malware detection and activity monitoring. These ground breaking technologies all protect sensitive information in real-time, before it is sent to the cloud.
“HCM is at the heart of engaging, retaining and motivating employees throughout their career,” said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. “But as the industry shifts functions to the cloud, this opens enterprises up to security, privacy and compliance risks from hackers, other forms of third party surveillance and even malicious insiders. By enabling CipherCloud’s encryption for the HCM Cloud, we are ensuring that sensitive personal information is always protected.”
CipherCloud for HCM Cloud Application
CipherCloud is expanding its protection of employee data through ground breaking technology that enables enterprises to security adopt HCM cloud applications. The CipherCloud for Connect Any App framework provides pre-built connectors that be easily integrated and be deployed as a gateway, or accessed via a Web Services API or a Java SDK.
Key Benefits of CipherCloud for HCM cloud applications
For enterprises, the solution contains many advanced information protection capabilities based on an open security platform.
- Strong Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit encryption, an open industry standard as defined by NIST under FIPS-197.
- Tokenization – Supports tokenization – substituting randomly generated values for the original data, which never leaves the enterprise
- Enterprise Class Key Management – Enables key management controls to ensure that customers always retain control of their data, while supporting the NIST SP 800-57 standard.
- Cloud Malware Detection – Includes integrated malware protection preventing viruses from spreading with zero-day protection against cloud viruses, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more.
- Unrivaled Visibility and Security – Delivers deep visibility into all user interactions through extensive, configurable reporting.
- Seamless User Experience & Support for BYOD – Is completely transparent to users, supporting access from any location or device.
CipherCloud will demonstrate our encryption capabilities at booth #451 at the HR Technology Conference (October 7-9 at Mandalay Bay) in Las Vegas, NV.