Lat to work excuses definitely drives creativity, a survey conducted by CareerBuilder reveals some interesting rather funny excuses employees make when reporting late to work.
2,100 hiring and human resource managers and more than 3,000 workers across US participated in survey, conducted online by Harris Poll from November 4 to December 2, 2014.
Some employers are more lenient than others, however. One third of employers (33 percent) say they have no problem with the occasional late arrival, as long as it doesn’t become a pattern, and 16 percent say they don’t need employees to be punctual if they can still get their work done. (Indeed, 59 percent of workers who arrive late will stay later to make up for it.)
Traffic delays, lack of sleep and weather conditions are the most prominent reasons.
Most Bizarre Late-to-Work Excuses:
- I knocked myself out in the shower.
- I was drunk and forgot which Waffle House I parked my car next to.
- I discovered my spouse was having an affair, so I followed him this morning to find out who he was having an affair with.
- Someone robbed the gas station I was at, and I didn’t have enough gas to get to another station.
- I had to wait for the judge to set my bail.
- There was a stranger sleeping in my car.
- A deer herd that was moving through town made me late.
- I’m not late. I was thinking about work on the way in.
- I dreamed that I got fired.
- I went out to my car to drive to work, and the trunk had been stolen out of it.
Source: Career Builder