Key findings include:
- Most companies are still working to identify IT operations that are candidates for cloud hosting.
- Cloud investments are up over last year, however, with enterprise organizations investing significantly more.
- Private Cloud is the preferred model; however, growth in all models is expected over the next year and a half.
- Lower TCO is a top selling point for both Private & Public Cloud.
- IT is involved more often than non-IT decision makers when determining what Cloud solutions to purchase.
- Most are confident that the measures/policies in place at their organizations will keep information in the cloud secure. However, they are still concerned about enforcing those policies.
- When it comes to making Cloud offerings more attractive, vendors should consider organization size. Enterprises want different info from vendors than SMB.