Press Release: Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced its business in Japan is growing as more customers make the shift to the cloud for finance and human resources (HR) and away from legacy technology.
More Japanese organizations are looking to take advantage of the next wave of enterprise software, where business applications bring together modern technologies including cloud, mobile, and analytics to better support critical decision-making that drives business transformation. According to industry analyst firm Gartner, spending in Japan for Enterprise Resource Planning cloud applications, which includes human capital management and financial management applications, is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% between 2013 and 2018.(1) This is substantially higher than the CAGR for overall enterprise application software spending in Japan, which is estimated to be 5.2%, as well as overall software spending, which is estimated to be 4.1% in this time period.
Workday established its office in Tokyo in 2013 and supports more than 150 global companies with operations in Japan, in addition to well-known domestic companies including Nissan and Sony. The country is one of four major markets for Workday in the Asia Pacific region, which also includes Australia, China, and Singapore. To help support the growing number of customers, Workday also plans to increase its workforce in Japan, focusing on key roles in product development, customer support, services, and sales.
The company’s continued expansion in Japan coupled with its focus on a rapid pace of innovation, the industry’s highest levels of customer satisfaction, and an employee-focused culture will help more companies move to the cloud. With Workday, Japanese companies can gain:
- Simple and intuitive enterprise cloud applications: Designed taking cues from the consumer Internet, Workday was built from scratch for the way people work today in a cloud and mobile-focused world.
- Fast innovation with a single code line: Workday removes complexity and increases speed by developing on the same code line that customers use, delivering more innovation and faster updates.
- Unified architecture for a global view of business: Built from scratch for the cloud, Workday delivers a single system for a global view of the workforce while still adhering to local business requirements.
- Business insights for better decision-making: Built-in support for big data, combined with embedded analytics at the core of Workday, empower organizations with critical insights to make more informed business decisions.
- One customer community for collaboration: With only one version of Workday, all customers can work together and share ideas to advance their businesses all while making the applications better for everyone in the community.