PLEASANTON, CALIF. — May 6, 2014 — Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance, today announced the availability of Workday Recruiting, an end-to-end application that redefines the way today’s hiring teams find, engage, and select the best internal and external candidates for open positions. Built with a clean sheet of paper, Workday Recruiting is seamlessly unified with Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) to equip customers with complete insight into their talent pipeline – from sourcing through succession – in one system.
Workday Recruiting is announced with the company’s latest update,Workday 22, which also includes new HR and finance features that arm global organizations with full visibility to manage talent, customer accounts, spend, and expenses.
A New Recruiting Experience Built for Collaboration Between Talent and Hiring Teams
Traditional applicant tracking systems have forced many organizations to rely on a patchwork of point solutions, spreadsheets, and emails to navigate the recruiting process, often leaving hiring managers without insight to manage their talent pipelines. This prompted Workday to collaborate with customers to design Workday Recruiting, a new application that fills the void for a simple, intuitive recruiting experience that supports the needs of everyone involved in a hiring decision including candidates, hiring managers, the interview team, and recruiters. Built with flexibility and collaboration at the core, Workday Recruiting marks the introduction of a dynamic business process framework in Workday HCM, which gives hiring teams the freedom to add or adjust steps to the recruiting process at the pace their businesses demand.
Approximately 70 customers have already selected Workday Recruiting, with early adopters including Equifax, McKee Foods, and Noble Drilling Services. With Workday Recruiting, customers are able to:
- Gain complete insight into the talent pipeline — Workday Recruiting is unified with Workday HCM to ensure information is readily available at every stage of the talent lifecycle in one complete system. For example, organizations are able to:
- Source and nurture internal and external candidates in a single place.
- Analyze recruiting demand, identify gaps, and deploy new strategies based on real-time data.
- Drive better decisions with workforce analytics embedded into every stage of the talent lifecycle.
- Improve the candidate experience — Workday Recruiting expedites and simplifies the job application process for internal and external candidates. For example:
- External applicants can access a responsive career site to easily apply for a job.
- Internal candidates have improved visibility into open positions within the organization and can quickly apply with their profile already in Workday.
- Collaborate on hiring decisions — Workday Recruiting reduces silos and inefficiencies in the recruiting process by facilitating collaboration among candidates and the hiring team. For example:
- Recruiters can share candidate resumes and provide real-time feedback from screening interviews with hiring managers.
- Interview teams can track candidate progress and communicate about next steps instead of relying on disjointed email and hallway conversations that live outside the system.
- Socialize recruiting efforts — Organizations can harness the recruiting power of social connectors woven throughout the application. For example:
- Internal and external candidates are able to auto-fill a job application with information from their social profile.
- Recruiters can set up automated processes to promote job postings across a variety of social channels.
- Hiring managers can boost referrals and recommendations with buttons for employees to share job postings with people in their social networks.
- Advance the hiring process anytime, anywhere — With accessibility across desktop and mobile devices, candidates and hiring teams can easily review information and quickly take action everywhere they go. For example:
- Recruiters can find internal workers or external candidates with a click of a button on a laptop.
- Hiring managers can scroll through resumes, and input or review feedback on a smartphone.
- Executives can drill down into staffing metrics with real-time workforce analytics on a tablet.